There seems to be a common misconception that meal prepping is supposed to be long, boring, and complicated. I’m here to share with you a few meal preps I rotate into my week that take me less than an hour of kitchen time, are delicious, nutritious, and ridiculously easy to make. Every meal mentioned will be packed with essential macro and micronutrients, and will be a “clean” eat.
When shopping for meat/produce, i recommend buying grass-fed, organic, sustainably sourced foods. This is not required to make these meals, but you will maximize your nutritional content and health benefits when choosing local and grass-fed over commercialized and heavily processed.
*note: The serving sizes and ingredient amounts are relative to my own goals and body weight. Adjust as necessary for yours.
1) Ground Beef, Eggs, & Rice Bowl
Ingredients: 2-3 lbs of Ground Beef, 2 cups of Rice, 18 Eggs.
1) Cook your rice. 2) Cook ground beef in pot, then set aside. 3) Use leftover beef fat in pot to cook whisked eggs. 4) Assemble items into prep containers.
About 5-6 servings. Protein: 56 G. Carbs: 77 G. Fats: 38 G. 875 Cal.
2) Strip Steak, Baked Potatoes & Brussel Sprouts
Ingredients: 3 lbs of Strip Steak, 5-6 medium sized Potatoes, two 12 oz bags of Brussel Sprouts, Ghee.
1) Cut your sprouts in halves, and dice your potatoes medium size. Bake them in oven at 400 degrees. 2) Cook steaks as potatoes and sprouts are finishing up. Season with salt and pepper, fry in avocado oil or ghee, and baste with grass-fed butter. 3) Assemble.
Makes 5-6 meals. Protein: 55 G. Carbs: 47 G. Fat: 35 G. 712 Cal.
3) Shrimp, Egg, and Potatoes
Ingredients: 4-5 medium sized Potatoes, 12 Eggs, 1-2 lb of Shrimp, some cilantro/other garnishes.
1) Medium dice, season and bake potatoes. 2) Pan fry shrimp in garlic and ghee. Garnish with cilantro and/or paprika. 3) Cook eggs how you like it. 4) Assemble.
Makes 4-5 meals. Protein: 55 G. Carbs: 48 G. Fat: 25 G. 578 Cal.
4) Chicken Tenders and “Fries”
Ingredients: 4-5 Chicken Breasts, 1 bag of pork rinds, 1 or 2 Eggs, 4-5 Potatoes, a Lemon, Parsley, and Garlic.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 2) Slice chicken breasts into strips. Set aside. Chop potatoes into strips. Set aside. 3) Crush up pork rinds, put in a bowl. 4) Mix together some eggs, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. 5) Dip chicken strips into wet mixture, and then into the pork rinds. 6) Place chicken and potatoes in oven and bake until chicken is done and potatoes are tender (you may need to adjust times for each). 7) Assemble. Use or make a dipping sauce if you prefer.
Makes 4-5 meals. Protein: 65G. Carbs: 46 G. Fats: 17 G. 574 Cal.
5) Bison/Beef Patty with Skillet Potatoes and Eggs.
Ingredients: 5-6 Eggs, 5-6 Medium Potatoes, Parsley, Yellow and Red Bell Peppers, 1 Onion, 2 lbs Ground Bison or Beef 90/10, Bag of Cheese.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 2) Dice your potatoes, bell peppers, and onion. Place in skillet. Season with your preferences. Let cook for about 10 minutes. 3) Create 5-6 holes in the skillet mixture. Place cheese inside and egg on top. 4) Place in oven for about 10 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolk is slightly runny. 5) Form bison or beef into patties, season and then grill/fry. 6) Assemble by putting some cheese on the burger patty and placing a few scoops of skillet mix on plate.
Makes about 5 meals. Protein: 62 G. Carbs: 69 G. Fat: 42 G. 881 Cal.
6) Chili Bowl & Rice
Ingredients: 2-3 lbs Ground Beef, 2 cups Rice, Bone or Beef Broth, 1 Onion, 16 oz of Corn, 16 oz of Diced Tomatoes, and Chili Powder/Cumin/Garlic seasonings.
1) Dice onion and cook until translucent in pot. 2) Move onion to the sides of the pot, brown your ground beef in pot. 3) Season everything with Chili powder, cumin, and minced garlic. 4) Add in bone broth, diced tomatoes, and corn. Stir. 5) Let simmer, cook rice in meantime. 6) Assemble and Serve.
Makes about 5 meals. Protein: 37 G. Carbs: 61 G. Fat: 23 G. 611 Cal.
7) Steak, Eggs, and Banana
Ingredients: 2-3 lbs of Strip Steak, 15 Eggs, 5-6 Bananas.
1) Prepare eggs in one pan and steak in another. Fry till your desired temperature and cook. 2) Place 6–8 oz of steak in prep container and 3 eggs. 3) Chop up a banana and add it in right before serving.
Makes about 5-6 servings. Protein: 60 G. Carbs: 27 G. Fats: 46 G. 758 Cal.
8) One Skillet Pot Roast
Note: this recipe takes a few hours due to the roast time, but I added this in because it’s incredibly easy and you can be on autopilot once the roast is in the oven.
Ingredients: 1.5 lbs Chuck Roast, 2-3 medium Potatoes, 1 Red Onion, 3-4 Carrots, 4 Garlic Cloves.
1) Brown your roast in the skillet. Set aside. 2) Put Onions, Carrots and Potatoes in Skillet and lightly cook. Place the Roast on top, moving around carrots and potatoes as needed to make room for the roast. 3) Place skillet with everything inside in oven, cover with foil. Bake at about 300 degrees for 3 hours. 4) Serve and assemble.
About 3 servings. Protein: 38 G. Carbs: 42 G. Fats: 31 G.
9) Sardines with Rice, Bacon & Avocado
Ingredients: 10 Cans of Sardines, 10 Bacon Strips, 2 Avocados, 2 cups Rice.
1) Cook bacon and rice. Set aside. 2) Cut avocados. 3) Assemble a bowl with your rice, sardines from the can, avocado, and bacon strips.
Makes 5 servings. Protein: 49 G. Carbs: 33 G. Fats: 31 G. 595 Cal.
10) My Famous “Gainwich”!
This is my special sandwich that utilizes only the finest ingredients!
Ingredients: Bakery Sourdough, 2 Eggs, half an Avocado, Raw Milk Cheddar, 3-4 slices Grass-Fed Roast Beef (Waterhill Brand).
1) Assemble your sandwich using these ingredients, super simple!
Makes 1 sandwich. Protein: 49 G. Carbs: 47 G. Fats: 39 G. 771 Cal.